HETP APPLICATION INFORMATION
The Hispanic Entrepreneurship Training Program (HETP) has a simple mission: to provide culturally and linguistically appropriate business education and mentorship services for free to Hispanic small business owners.
Our classes are instructed by bilingual subject-matter experts with real world experience and successful track records in their respective fields. Selected participants will have access to the resources and the know-how necessary to start and/or expand their businesses. The course’s focus is creating a comprehensive business and expanding participants’ knowledge of:
- How to start a business
- Market research and competitive analysis
- Product development
- Marketing strategies
- Building an nnline presence
- Leveraging Social Media Networks
- Networking and client relations
- Exporting and importing products and services
- Procurement, Licenses and Certifications
- Accessing capital and credit
- Developing financial projections
- Hiring and staffing
- Bookkeeping and accounting best practices
- Legal entities and relevant legal topics
- Insurance and risk management
- Pricing and negotiation
- Business writing and presentations
- Public speaking
The class will consist of 60 participants who have a new or existing business (5 years or less). Our bi-lingual instructors will guide them in developing and refining their ideas into a sustainable business. During the 60-hour course, participants will put together a comprehensive business plan, will gain an understanding of the foundational principles of day-to-day operations, and will be exposed to several subject-matter experts and panels.
At the end of the course, participants will be provided one-on-one mentorship/coaching to further develop their business plans or to focus on a specific area of their interest.
The program consists of 15 Friday sessions (9:30 am to 1:30 pm)